I love having little get together’s and family dinners. Unfortunately most of my family lives far apart and we can’t routinely have meals together, but in my ideal world, family and friends would gather once a week and feast upon different meals and catch up on what happened in everyone’s lives over the past seven days.
Sunday dinners are a dream that I hope will someday come true for me, and I am really going to strive to create and instill this tradition with my children, so that when they are grown we can still have close family relationships with each other. Here are over 16 Sunday dinner ideas for you to get you started for your family meal night!
16 Sunday Dinner Ideas:
1. Lasagna – I love lasagna! It’s great for a crowd. Add a side salad and some garlic bread and you’ve got yourself a meal. here’s a recipe for an easy lasagna, as well as one for a roasted red pepper lasagna.
2. Macaroni and Cheese – not the kind that you buy with powdered cheese. Homemade! Here’s a recipe for my homemade macaroni, as well as a semi-homemade hazelnut mac ‘cran’ cheese recipe that features Reser’s Main St. Bistro Macaroni and Cheese and was featured on a local cooking competition morning show!
3. Sous-Vide Pork Chops with Chimichurri Marinade – I know, that’s a mouthful. But I promise, it’s easy to make. If you’ve never cooked with a sous-vide before I highly recommend it! They are an easy fix it and forget it device that leaves your food tender in a way other cooking methods can’t. Find the recipe HERE.
4. Filet Mignon with roasted grapes and fried greens – I believe that Sunday dinners should be special, so why not go all out and prepare filet mignon?
5. Irish Inspired Potato Pie – This potato pie is simple, delicious, and easy to make several at a time. You could serve this almost brunch style and have a fruit platter and some simple pastries set out as well. Perhaps even some French 75’s?
6. Meatloaf – There’s nothing better than a causal meal with some deliciously made meatloaf and potatoes.
7. Sweet and Savory Rosemary Pork Chops – These pork chops are always a favorite in my house and they take less than 30 minutes to make! We serve them with smashed potatoes.
8. Beef Enchiladas – I love making large batches of enchiladas. Sometimes I’ll even double the recipe and freeze some for a fast weeknight meal. Here’s my recipe for cheesy beef enchiladas as well as one for easy chicken enchiladas.
9. Beef Stroganoff – I don’t make this very often, but when I do it gets devoured quickly. This recipe is slightly different than your traditional stroganoff because I added Kefir to it.
10. BBQ Chicken Pizza – I love getting everyone together to make homemade pizzas. It’s more than just serving dinner, it’s then creating an afternoon experience together. This particular recipe uses already cooked grilled chicken, but you could easily pre-cook some up the day before.
12. Extra Creamy Chicken and rice – This hearty meal served in a bowl is great paired with a salad!
13. Bacon wrapped BBQ Chicken legs – Yes. I did it. I cooked bacon wrapped hickory smoked BBQ chicken legs with rosemary. They were definitely a surprise dinner!
14. Chicken tostadas – I made these southwest inspired chicken tostadas in no time. You could even have everyone make their own!
15. Strawberry Chicken Salad – Sometimes a hearty salad is great for a Sunday dinner. This strawberry chicken salad is one of my all-time favorites.
16. Samosas – These hand held meat and vegetable pies are always fun to make and serve with soup and or salad!
Do you have family dinners once a week? Once a month? Is this a fading tradition? I’d love to hear your thoughts on it, plus what your favorite meals to serve are! Comment below and share! 🙂