I love cooking meals for the family, and when we have family staying with us I always try to come up with quick meals that can be easily doubled so that we have plenty of food to go around. When my Dad was up visiting for a week over Emma’s birthday I created several meals that we all enjoyed, including chicken and rice. Chicken and rice is one of my go-to dishes that I can create on busy nights or nights when I find myself having extra mouths to feed. Sometimes I make it extra cheesy, and sometimes I try and lighten it up because it’s one of those easy meals with vegetables that the kids will actually eat.
I love using fresh vegetables, but C&W Vegetables are just as good and work well in dishes like this. They make cooking easy and everything still tastes just as satisfying – and it takes a fraction of the time to make. I stock up on them while shopping, and my local Walmart has a large variety to choose from.
In addition to the veggies this dish also uses a creamy spreadable cheese. I used an herb and garlic cheese that you can find in the cheese or deli section to your local store.
Extra Creamy Vegetable Chicken and Rice
Extra Creamy Vegetable Chicken & RicePrint This
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup of C&W Onion Pearls
- ½ cup cooked diced carrots
- 1 cup of C&W Green Peas
- 1 cup of C&W Corn
- 2 cups of cooked wild rice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup milk
- 5 ounces of herb spreadable cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the rice according to the directions, set aside.
- Pour the olive oil into a pan along with the chicken breasts, onions, garlic and black pepper; cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a separate sauce pan, place the spreadable cheese and milk in and stir on low heat until combined.
- Dice the chicken and add to the rice. Pour the cheese mixture into the rice dish and stir. Add in the carrots, green peas, and corn.
Place the dish under the broiler for a few minutes to warm and toast slightly on top.
Make sure you add C&W Vegetables to your shopping list and don’t forget to take advantage of the $.50 off of 1 package of C&Wvegetables Ibotta coupon good at select Walmart stores. (While supplies last)