Just because school is back in session and the holiday break is behind us (can you believe it’s been a month already?), it doesn’t mean that you can’t still celebrate winter.
We are heading up to play in the snow on Monday for Emma’s birthday, so I thought it would be fun to get in the spirit and create some glittery 3D snowflake decorations. Even though Emma chose a snow trip over a party this year, I still like to make her big day special and make the house pretty and have some tasty treats to eat on her big day.
We sat down last weekend, broke out the glitter, paper, string, scissors and stapler, and created our art. We made a complete mess but had a lot of fun, and when the kids were hungry I brought out some Snack Pack® pudding from the cupboard, along with some sprinkles, peppermint, and shredded coconut since it was a special occasion.
Until a couple of years ago, I had actually never made 3D snowflakes, but I was inspired after seeing them at one of the kid’s Christmas programs. The school had created a ton of them and hung them from the gymnasium ceiling for the program, and it made the ordinary room seem festive and magical.
How to make 3D Glitter Snowflakes:
To make glittery 3D snowflakes you only need a few things as well as a few minutes.
What you need:
8 ½ by 11 inch paper
How to make them:
- Fold paper diagonally to form a triangle. Cut the excess paper off, so you have an even triangle.
- Rub the glue stick on one side of the paper and sprinkle glitter on the outsides of the paper.
- Cut three slits on each side of the triangle, making sure not to cut through the middle.
- Open the paper up and roll the inner triangles together to form a roll, taping together.
- Turn the paper over and take the next two triangle slits and tape them together. Turn the paper over one more time and tape the last triangles.
- Set the paper aside and repeat with 5 additional pieces of paper.
- Take three of the rolled papers and staple them together. Repeat with the other three rolls.
- Take both of the 3-paper sections and staple them both together, creating a snowflake.
I alternated the strips to have the glitter side on every other paper roll. You can also find glittery paper or wrapping paper to use as well.
Some yummy treats, paper, glitter, and a few moments together made for a fun afternoon.
You can make your Snack Pack® pudding more fun by mixing in different treats for some extra special flavors.
This winter, take a moment to slow down and enjoy a tasty and fun treat with the kids. Snack Pack® comes in a variety of flavors and offers endless mix-in opportunities the kids can help prepare. Each serving of Snack Pack® is fortified with as much calcium as an 8-oz glass of milk,* so you can feel good about serving your kids Snack Pack®. For mix-in inspiration, visit Snack Pack® on Pinterest and Facebook.
*All Snack Pack® products contain 30% DV calcium, with the exception of Bakery Shop Lemon Meringue Pie, Lemon Pudding, and Snack Pack® Gels.