November is just around the corner which means Thanksgiving and the beginning of the busy holiday season. I absolutely adore this time of the year because it brings out the joy and love between everyone. It also happens to bring out pretty decorations, good food, and comfy clothes. What more could I ask for? 😉
I’ve been thinking about this little challenge for myself…everyday in November I will think of something I am thankful for in the morning. We are often rushing around in a hurry and forget to think about all of the little things we take for granted. I challenge you to create your own “30 Day’s” list and post it on your bathroom mirror, fridge, or where ever you look at every morning. Remember, the more positive we think, the more positive we become.
30 Days to be Thankful
1. Family. They will always be my number one. Without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today.
2. Health. We really take this one for granted until something goes wrong. Remember to take care of your body the best that you can…this is the only one we get!
3. Freedom. We are so lucky to live in a world, in a time, where we can have freedom. We can choose our own destiny. Yes, there may be obstacles, but we always have a choice.
4. Love. I get busy. We all do. I’m thankful for love. I need to tell more people that I love them. It really isn’t a scary word. 🙂
5. Our Planet. How awesome is this world we live in? Out of the entire solar system, the Earth is the only planet that is just perfect. I love the changing of the seasons, the ocean, trees, fresh air. It’s pretty amazing, isn’t it? I’m thankful to just take a walk and enjoy it.
6. Children. Have you ever just played with a child, or went on an ‘adventure’ with them? Everything is so new, so fresh, so exciting to them. I remember laying in the grass, just watching ants for fun.
Try to look through the eyes of a child and you might just find out how fascinating life really is.
7. Food. Good Food. I used to be stuck in the middle of a completely processed diet. I never tried anything new and exotic. (And by exotic I mean fresh food mixed together in ways I thought was odd 😉 ). A few years ago I decided to be brave. There are a few things I still won’t try (raw meat is one I can think of)…but sometimes the simplest of foods when prepared correctly are the most delicious.
Simple and Delicious Stuffed Date Appetizer
8. Friends. What would we do without our true friends? I am grateful for my friends I consider family. The people who are there for you, no matter what. Here’s 10 Ways I Know I Have a True Friend 😉
9. Photographs. I LOVE pictures. It’s how I remember things. I love to see how things, people, and places change over time.
10. My Home. It’s not big. It’s not fancy. But its mine. How many people are there out there in the world that aren’t as fortunate?
11. Technology. Seriously. I don’t think I would have fared to well in horse and buggy days. I like my car, dishwasher, washer, dryer, microwave. All those things we take for granted that were non-existent not that long ago!
12. My Career. I know that I will always have a good career to fall back on, if we need extra money or my husband gets laid off. I can always find work that will cover our living expenses.
13. Sorrow. Yes, this one may sound odd, but think about it. Without sorrow, how would we comprehend the extent of our happiness? How would we express our other emotions without it?
14. Creativity. It lets us express ourselves in other ways. Watching a creative mind in action is the most amazing thing of all. Without creativity what would we have?
15. ——-> Can I be self-absorbed and put Makeup in here? I love makeup. No reason. I’m just thankful for it.
16. Memories. I think second to family these are my most favorite. I choose to remember only the good ones. Makes life so much more fulfilling.
17. Trees. They give us shelter, paper, fruit, oxygen, and so much more.
18. Rainbows. Aren’t they amazing? I am in awe of the colors created and how exactly they are made.
19. Language. It’s how we communicate, how we express ourselves. Without it, we wouldn’t have movies, books, newspapers, blogs.
20. Schedules. Don’t get me wrong, I love free time. But without schedules and time, things wouldn’t happen! The world revolves around it, and it’s gotten us where we are today.
21. Holidays. With our schedules, we sometimes forget the importance of family and friends. Holidays help remind us as we all join in celebration together and spend quality time together.
22. Change. Its scary sometimes. Sometimes it puts us out of our comfort zone. But I’m thankful for change. Without it there would never be any progress.
23. The 5 Senses. It goes along with our health – we take them for granted. What would our world be like if we couldn’t smell anything? Feel anything? Taste anything? See anything? Hear anything?
24. Inspiration. This goes hand in hand with creativity. But different things inspire different people. In fact, these are the things that made me what to start a blog, and my blogs motto is “Creating.Simplifying.Inspiring.”
25. Kindness. Especially random acts of kindness. Little pieces add up. What if everyone made it a point to do one kind thing to someone else every week, every day, with nothing expected in return. If everyone did this, how much better could life be?
26. Chocolate. Coffee. And Wine. And Cheese. And no, these do not fit under the food category – these are something I am grateful for every week 🙂
27. Goals. I love them. They help me stay focused. I’m thankful for these so much.
28. Individuality. We are not all the same. Some of us are blessed in different ways, with different abilities. Just because someone is not like you or societies perception of normal – doesn’t make them any less than you.
29. My husband. Without him, my eyes may have never been fully opened to see the finer things life has to offer and beauty in it all.
30. Life. I am thankful to have been blessed with an opportunity to live. What is your definition of living? If you aren’t fulling your definition, I think its time to start living. We only live once. Make it count!
This is cool – I try to keep a daily gratitude journal but I'm a bit behind on it. This is a good reminder 🙂
Thanks for linking up to Followers to Friends this week, I hope you made some new bloggy friends 🙂
Happy Halloween x
P.S. Shabby Apple are giving away a dress on my blog if you want to enter! http://www.sweetpeasylvie.com/2012/11/im-stylish-breastfeeding-mama-shabby.html
Love:) I try to be thankful all the time, but yes at this time of the year I try to pick one thing every day to be especially thankful for!
Found you at The Grant Life!
Thanks for sharing your 30! This is a tradition I started a few years ago too – I post something I am thankful for every day in the month of November. This year, since I had a blog, I'm moving it there and I love taking the time to be really, truly thankful. Feel free to share your 30 Days of Thankfulness along with me! http://www.girlgoingcountry.com/tag/30-days-of-thankfulness/
This is such a lovely & sweet idea. Most of the big things we do appreciate, but we often need to be reminded of the more simple things that enter our lives each day.
From one former Willamette Valley dweller to another!
Thanks for sharing your gratitude! What an inspiring idea. I'm posting a grateful thought every day on my facebook page this month. Thank you so much for visiting and adding your idea to the Thanksgiving Treats and Fall Fun Linky Party. I’m one of your co-hosts from OneCreativeMommy.com. If you linked up from one of the other co-host sites, I hope you’ll stop by my site for a visit.
I write a Thankful Thursday post every week on my blog, and I LOVE finding other blogs that write about thankfulness! What a great list of things to be thankful for 🙂 I totally just figured out why November seems to be the month where everyone is posting thankful lists…then I remembered that you have Thanksgiving this month! I'm in Canada and ours was last month 🙂
Like Jade, I live in Canada as well and our Thanksgiving was last month. However, reading what everyone is thankful for never gets old, it makes me smile each time. Thanks for stopping by and linking up with my Empowered Living Blog hop. Hope to see you again.
This is a great reminder and it is such a good time of the year to remember to be thankful. Your list has inspired me to make a 30 days to be Thankful list. Thank you!
I am trying to think of things I'm thankful for and post them every day on my Facebook page this month. This time of the year is my favorite!
I've nominated you for a Liebster Award (I apologize if you've already been nominated before) over at my blog! http://craftymommaknits.blogspot.com/2012/11/what-lovely-surprise.html
oooo I love that you are celebrating thankfulness!!! I'm hosting a Thanksgiving party all month long (until Thanksgiving) and would love for you to come over and link it up! This is in addition to my normal Tasteful Tuesday party that runs every Tuesday. Thank you for taking the time to celebrate Thanksgiving and be THANKFUL for all our blessings. http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/10/pull-apart-pumpkin-maple-bread-and.html
I think you have a really great list. I just picked you as the Dare to Share Feature of the Day. Thanks so much for linking this thoughtful post up!
Great list for 30 days of thankfulness! Thanks so much for linking to the Thanksgiving Treats & Fall Fun party! I'm one of your co-hosts. Have a great day!
House on the Way
That date appetizer looks delicious and I looooooooooove that rainbow!!! This is a good list. I'm visiting/following…here from your blog hop. 🙂
Hi Melissa: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. I would love if you stop by and be mine, too.
Those dates do look good!
Hello! I’m stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
I hope to see you there!
The Chicken Chick
Wonderful list…truly meaningful.
What a great idea, and such a beautiful post! Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Always so thrilled to have you share! Have a wonderful week. 🙂
Thanks for the beautiful list. I'm there with you on being thankful for chocolate 🙂
I start my day being thankful. Great post…beautiful rainbow 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up to the Thanksgiving Treats & Fall Festival Party! I also host a weekly linky party on Tuesday called The Gathering Spot and would love it if you'd link up sometime. Have a wonderful evening.
What a great list – and reminder we have so much to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! 🙂
7, 11, 15, 20 and more of course! Wonderful 🙂
I loved this list! I agree with # 6! Children are my favorite. They inspire you to be more creative and imaginative. They remind you to have fun! I also LOVED that picture of the rainbow, beautiful!
Stopping by from Weekend Retreat. Great list! I love this time of year for this very reason…family, gratitude, and giving.
Stopping by from that friday blog hop. Your list is amazing, it has inspired me to write a list as well. All of the great things in life to be thankful for even the silly or little ones like make up, my favorite… and my hubby he's pretty great too.
Awesome list – awesome challenge – thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!
You are one of our featured guests this week!
Hope you'll join us for Friendship Friday, where November is A Month Of Gratitude!