It’s the last day of July already! I cannot believe how quickly this month flew by, and I have a sneaky suspicion that August will do the same.
After all of the hectic things that happen in daily life I find myself just sitting a wondering sometimes (this is a rare occasion though with three children!) anyways, I was thinking about my best friends, and what makes them so special. I’ve had friends come and go, and others who I consider friends, but nothing like this.
You know you have a true friend if:
1. You don’t care if they come over, whenever, even if your house is in a state of utter chaos and you haven’t brushed your teeth – or hair!
2. They can tell if you are worn out, tired, exhausted, etc. and BRING YOU A COFFEE!
3. They can tell if you are worn out, tired, exhausted, etc and BRING YOU WINE! 😉
4. They love tolerate your children, and will offer to help watch them if need be.
5. They don’t judge you. They accept you, and all of the choices you make. (well, within reason 😉 )
6. They are the first people you unload on when you have some drama you need to talk about.
7. They come over to your family functions/birthday parties/BBQ/ -and make no excuses.
8. They keep their word.
9. They bring you random gifts on occasion to show how much you mean to them. (awe)
Adorable mini cake with pipe cleaner heart. Cutest random gift ever!
10. They STILL love you, even after you accidentally spill breast milk on them during a Toby Keith concert when you were ‘discretly’ trying to pump, and then cheer you up after you finished crying over all ‘liquid gold’ you wasted on them. Better yet, then your “breast friends” for life. True Story.
the night we became breast friends.
This post is dedicated to my Besties – you know who you are <3. How do YOU know if you have a true friend? What’s your definition?
Thanks for stopping by! I am a mom of three teens, travel nurse, writer, and recipe developer. I love collecting vintage etiquette books, creating tasty food platters, traveling, and enjoying a good glass of wine. I created Melissa Kaylene in 2012 with the hopes to inspire you to make memories daily. Here you will find recipes, entertaining tips, tips to better your life, and travel ideas.