This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NourishInNoTime #SnackWithPurpose #CollectiveBias
Summer is so close! We have one week left until summer break, and although the kids are going to miss their teachers, I think they are pretty excited. Do you have any vacations planned this summer? I’ve slacked off on planning any major road trips, but I’m working on some shorter weekend styled trips for the kids and I.
One thing that I have found challenging in the past when road tripping is eating well. While we don’t go to too many fast food spots and don’t indulge on lots of junk food, I still find myself snacking on too many things that aren’t good for me while traveling and I end up feeling bloated and, well, kind of miserable if I wear jeans!
The key that I’m finding to making road trips (even mini ones) a success is preparation. Planning stops, sites to see, and even snacks. That doesn’t mean that we don’t venture off of the path or change things up, but everything seems to flow much more smoothly when it’s all planned out.
Simple Ways to Eat Better on Your Family Vacation
- When we travel for more than a couple of hours we’ll pack a lunch bag or small cooler and take it with us. It saves money and keeps everyone happy and on track.
- I’ll pack along chilled water to drink as well as Odwalla juices and smoothies – they have great tasting nutrition that everyone in the family loves and they are made with high-quality, Non GMO ingredients. You can easily find them in your local Safeway.
- Fresh cut fruit is another great way to eat better on vacation. You can purchase fruit already pre-cut at your local Safeway.
- Make sure you keep healthy protein on hand like nuts to snack on throughout the day.
- If you can, stay somewhere that has a kitchen and do some cooking yourselves. You can do the shopping together and come up with some new recipes to try.
Do you have any other tricks that help you eat better while on your family vacation?
Save on Snacks at Safeway:
Save $1 on your next purchase of in-store fresh cut fruit when you buy any TWO (2) Odwalla 15.2 fl. oz. (You’ll receive a print out coupon at the register.). Offer ends 6/27/17.
Happy Vacation season my friends! If you have any epic vacation pictures to share, use the hashtag #MakeMemoriesDaily on Instagram so I can follow along! 🙂