Last weekend we had a blast. Emma had her first basketball games, we went and saw The Peanuts Movie, and we went on an overnight glamping trip to the beach.
Yes, I said glamping. If you aren’t familiar with the term, glamping refers to glamour camping, and it’s my favorite kind of camping.
Most of the time when we go camping we reserve a yurt or a small cabin. The cost isn’t that much more than a tent site, and there’s electricity and a covered deck, which makes fall glamping easier (and more fun) than ever.
Why glamping? Because it’s almost like the party of camping; it’s like having a tea party instead of an ordinary lunch. It’s creating a new experience and a new memory with your loved ones. Glamping celebrates the best parts of camping – and it’s really easy to create.
It also can mean serving food that is not always what you would consider ‘camping’ food. Since we were only glamping one night, we didn’t have to pack too much. In addition to our ‘normal’ stuff, I threw all of my glamping supplies into a rubber tote. Everything inside was purchased at my local Walmart.
Inside I had:
- Battery operated lights
- Pretty plates + silverware
- Throw blankets
- Accent pillows
- Battery operated candles
- Beverage pitcher
- Cutting/serving board
also made sure to pack entertainment. When you are fall glamping, you can never be too sure on the weather, so we packed books, board games, a mini pool table , and my laptop (idea: buy some popcorn that you can cook on the camp stove and have a glamping movie night!)
Keep meals simple.
I packed a couple of Freschetta® Brick Oven Pizzas that we grilled for a meal and served with a quick salad. I chose Freschetta® Pizza’s because they taste good. The crust also only has natural yeast (no chemical leaveners). In addition to the Freschetta® Brick Oven Pizza, they also have Freschetta® Naturally Rising Pizza’s and Gluten Free pizza options that are equally tasty.
How to grill your Freschetta® Pizza:
- Preheat your grill on high for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the carton and clear over wrap film.
- Place a double layer of aluminum foil just large enough to cover the bottom of the pizza on the center of the grill.
- Place the pizza on foil in the center of the grill.
- Turn the grill to low and cook for 13-16 minutes with lid closed.
- Let the pizza stand for 2 minutes before serving.
You can serve a simple salad with the pizza, and I like to create this feta bruschetta salad. All you need is feta cheese, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bread crumbs, fresh basil, and your favorite Italian dressing. Toss it all quickly and enjoy!
We couldn’t go glamping without s’mores – and neither should you. We did, however, switch it up a bit and made a simple s’more mousse pie.
What you need:
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1 package dark chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package of Honey Maid graham crackers
- ⅓ Cup of butter
- Cast iron pan
- Mason jar or mug with a lid.
- Crunch the Honey Maid graham crackers inside of their original package until they are small crumbs.
- Melt butter in the cast iron pan and then pour the graham cracker crumbs into the pan. Mix with the melted butter and press down into the pan, creating a crust.
- Next, pour ½ pint of whipping cream into your jar. Add ½ packet of the dark chocolate pudding mix and cover. Shaking vigorously for 30 seconds or until thickened. Spoon mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Repeat with the second half of the whipping cream and pudding mix.
- Next, you need to roast marshmallows. Place the toasted marshmallows on top until the dish is covered completely.
- Break out some spoons and serve!
After we packed up the next morning we spent some time on the beach. There’s something about the coast in the fall that can’t be beat.
Have you ever glamped before? Check out more glamping inspirations HERE.
This post contains affiliate links.