extract (or another flavor!)
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar,
cream, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 4 or 5 minutes, stirring
occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan down.
- Meanwhile, pop both bags of popcorn and pour into a large
- Remove the butterscotch sauce off of the heat and stir in
butterscotch flavoring. Pour into popcorn bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the M&M’s® and then pour mixture onto a cookie sheet
lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Spread evenly and transfer to the
freezer to cool completely.
- When the popcorn is cooled completely, cut into desired size
squares and place a scoop of softened vanilla bean ice cream in the center of a
bar, topping with another bar. Wrap with parchment paper if desired.
And there you have it! The perfect movie night in treat!! I had some extra butter flavored popcorn so I made a double batch, but held the M&M’s® and added ½ pound of cooked diced bacon, then shaped the popcorn mixture into small balls and inserted a toothpick. They had just enough sweet and salty combination to be rather addicting!
After a full night of having a ladies night out, and then a movie night in, I fell asleep pretty happy and relaxed that night! I’m pretty sure I should make at least the movie night more of a routine – as well as making recipe creations. It’s fun to just let loose and try new things!