Well, I don’t know about you, but I absolutely adore September. It’s seriously one of the most gorgeous months around here. I’ve been in full cooking mode the past two days, working on my freezer dinners, gearing up for the hectic soccer season and fall to officially begin. You’d be so proud of me! I made about 10 scrumptious meals so far. I can’t wait to show you!
Emma (my middle child) started pre-school again this week. She went last year, so she knows a lot of the same kids, and the teachers there are great. The best thing is, its relatively cheap, and it’s at a church in our little town, literally blocks from my house.
The two little ones are enjoying their time having the ‘run’ of the house while big sissy is back in school. Look at those little trouble makers 😉
Okay, here it is. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com, and it’s SO tasty! You must try 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Allow cooling. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- To Make Filling: In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup chocolate chips, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar until smooth. Add cocoa and beat well. Add eggs and beat on low until just blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture until blended. Pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- To Make Topping: In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla until just before boiling. Stir constantly and be careful not to boil over. Have 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ready in a small bowl. Pour in the hot cream and stir with a spoon until smooth. Spread over baked cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.
It looks so good. I'm hopeless at baking, so I think I need to hire a personal chef to make me this.
This looks delicious! Found your link at SSS strut your stuff. Beautiful kids!
Come link up this link at my party: http://krumblecakesandsweets.blogspot.com/2012/09/link-up-party-hop-to-my-blog-and-show.html
see you there!
You had me at chocolate! Now I have to try it, and I should probably do it before my husband gets back in town, because he does not like chocolate. 🙂
Yummy! Hi there! I found you on the Blog Hop and am now a new follower. I'd love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and on Pinterest. I follow back all my Pinterest followers 🙂
Stopping over from the networking blog hop!
I´m your new follower via GFC!
Check out my blog sometime and follow back if you like!
That looks so yummy! Aww, your family is beautiful. I'd like to invite you to link up your recipe at my blog. If your interested please swing by.
will definitely try this recipe. been looking online for a recipe to bake so this recipe is just a perfect timing. thank you for sharing.
new follower here from the friday blog hop. 🙂
I'm stopping by from the Hump Day hop. Hope you can stop by mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com
That cheesecake look SO good!
Absolutely love it if you could link up this (and a couple other recipes) to Wonderful Food Wednesday at http://www.athometake2.com.
Hope to see you there!
Jessica @ At Home Take 2
What a beautiful creation! It's my pleasure to feature you in my Fabulous Friday Favorites today. Thanks for making my party a success!
This looks Delicious!
I'm stopping by from the blog walk. I'd love for you to visit me at http://www.fashionablysaving.wordpress.com
I'll be liking you on Facebook as well.