This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeToBe #CollectiveBias
I’ve been a mom for quite a while now. 13 years of raising kids really flies by. While my little ones aren’t so tiny anymore, I know a lot of new moms who are just now beginning their journey in parenthood, and I’ve been reflecting a lot lately on those first couple of years that were a whirlwind of emotions and scary changes.
In the beginning you aren’t sure what to expect, and you aren’t quite sure what you be facing. Even when it’s not your first baby it’s still an element of anxiety because a.) each child is different, and b.) you now have more than one child to care for!
I wish that when I became a mom someone would have given me a gift that wasn’t just baby related. While cute outfits and baby blankets melt your heart, a basket full of practical things that you could use as a new mom would have been amazing.
There are lots of different things that I can think of to add in to a gift basket for a new mom, but here are some of the must-haves for any new parent:
What New Moms Really Need:
- Protein bars: little will you know, but breakfast (or any meal) preparations take a bad beating with a new baby, especially if you are trying to work too. I always stashed protein bars in my purse, car, and diaper bags for those moments when I realized I didn’t eat. It will happen.
- Bath salts and face masks: I didn’t spend enough time taking care of me when I had babies. I think placing things like bath items in the basket will help remind the new mom to take a moment to relax and enjoy a few quiet moments alone.
- all® free clear detergent: There is going to be a LOT more laundry happening really quickly…that pretty much never ends. 😉 Throw in some all® free clear liquid detergent or free clear mighty pacs® for the new mom. It’s the #1 detergent that is recommended by Dermatologists, Allergists, and Pediatricians for Sensitive Skin – and babies definitely have delicate, sensitive skin. It’s also great on fighting tough stains, has no dyes, perfumes, or certain chemicals.
- Gift certificates: Certificates for little things, like a lunch date, a movie, or anything else that a new mom won’t necessarily give herself will be much appreciated.
- A card: Not just any card though, a card with a personal note in it. Take a little extra time and write a few positive sentences inside of the card.
- Other little treats: Things like extra hair bands and breath mints that moms can easily pack along for moments when they didn’t have time to brush their teeth, or have to throw their hair up in an emergency. 😉
I love including all® free clear because it’s a practical gift that you can add into the gift basket that will definitely get used! All® free clear is not intended to treat or prevent allergies, but it helps remove 99% of everyday and seasonal allergens, including cat and dog dander, dust mite matter, ragweed, grass, and tree pollen.
You can buy all of your gift basket goodies and the all® free clear at your local Walmart. It’s located in the laundry detergent aisle. As with any product, make sure that you read the directions for use on the packaging and follow it exactly as directed. 🙂
Are you a new mom? Or do you know any new moms? What other things would you include in a gift basket to a new parent?
Check out the new all® community to find out about their latest products first. #FreeToBe #ad http://cbi.as/3yntl