My Daily Makeup Routine:
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LorealBeauty #CollectiveBias
Today marks the third week of back to school for us, and like I’ve mentioned before, I’ve yet to get any sort of routine down at all between the events and traveling I’ve had, but I think that’s all going to change this next month as I settle into a new schedule of having a solid 6+ hours a day to myself.
One thing I’ve already been trying to do is get my house (especially my bathrooms!) a little bit more order because honestly during the summertime it gets a little out of hand with everyone here. The other thing that I’m finding nice about having the kids in school all day is that I have the ability to get ready when I want and don’t always have to feel rushed. Since we live so close to the Grade School I walk Emma and Noah there every day, and will normally just throw on some workout pants and L’Oreal mascara until I get back home, then I’ll get myself ready for the day and put my makeup. I’ve got a pretty good routine down for my every day makeup look that doesn’t take me very long, so I can get back to better things, like blogging or attempting to organize this house. 😉
1. First thing I do is apply a good primer on my face, then my foundation. After that I dab a little concealer under my eyes and apply a liquid blush to the apples of my cheeks.
2. Next I apply a blush/bronzer on my face, beginning at the corners of my cheeks (by my ears) with a blush brush and bring the brush and bronzer inward across my cheeks. I will normally dust the top of my forehead and chin a little too.
3. After that I apply my eye shadow, beginning with a base. I tend to use light neutral colors 99% of the time, starting with a lighter base, and then adding two darker shades to the outer corners of my eyes, then using a highlighting cream or pencil will highlight my brow bones.
4. Next I fill in my eyebrows with a combination wax/powder to thicken them.
5. After that I begin my eye transformation (ha!) to make my tired eyes go from ‘eh’ to ‘awake’. I use L’Oreal Lineur Intense Brush top LiquidEyeliner in Black on the top of my lids, beginning at the inner corner with a thin line and increasing the width at the end corners of my eyes. Afterwards I’ll add my mascara, and I really like L’Oreal’s Voluminous Butterfly Washable Mascara in Blackest Black to give my eyelashes a fuller look.
6. After my eyes are done I will use a highlighting cream on my face and apply is sparingly on the center of my forehead, nose, and cheekbones.
7. And voila! That’s what I do every day, and it only takes me a few minutes. Other days when I’m going for a more dramatic look (i.e. going out on a date or an event) I’ll either extend my L’Oreal Liquid Eyeliner top lash liner a little more to create a slightly more cat-eye look and apply a peach colored lip gloss, or I’ll grab my Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner in Black and apply that on my inner lower eyelids for a more dramatic effect.
Since I’ve been in the process of trying to keep things picked up, I’ve also found myself with an urge to make things a little prettier, including the containers that I keep my makeup in.
A couple of years ago I bought a sparkly little jar adorned with glitter and beads and have used it for all of my makeup like my L’Oreal eyeliners and mascara, and I’ve always wanted to have a couple more containers to keep things like cotton balls or my favorite nail polishes in – so I finally just re-purposed some old candle jars and did just that.
First I found a cleaned similar colored spray paint to use. I washed and thoroughly dried the jars, and then I took them outside and sprayed them with the spray paint and let them dry. I will leave some of them with just the spray paint, and will find some glitter and small bead to glue onto a couple of other ones.
It was something fun to do and be creative, and it also let me reuse things instead of recycling them. The jars also help keep my bathroom counter from being too cluttered.
Have you tried L’Oreal’s Lineur Intense Brush top Liquid Eyeliner or Voluminous Butterfly Washable Mascara yet? They glide on nice and smooth and last throughout the day. They are also conveniently located in the cosmetics aisle in Safeway – one of my most frequented stores. 🙂
What does your typical daily makeup routine look like?
(Visited 573 times, 1 visits today)