This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SidelineHero #CollectiveBias
You guys – tomorrow it officially starts – all three of the kids are now in sports and at the same time! This should be an interesting journey that we are beginning! While Emma and Noah are doing a new sport, Anika is still happily busy with soccer.
I was a little leery putting her on a club because I knew there would be more driving involved and the seasons were a little different (her games continue through Memorial weekend so there’s a month of overlapping sports), but so far it hasn’t been too bad and she loves her coach. Our babysitter’s husband is actually the girls high school soccer coach, and Anika really wants to play with him in a few years, so we knew she needed to continue playing in middle school if she wanted a shot, so she’s chosen soccer as ‘her sport’.
Since I’ve been doing this ‘soccer mom’ thing for quite a few years now (and I have a few more to go!), I’ve learned a trick or two, especially with having younger kids who tag along and are sideline heroes for every game.
We’ve all spent hours cheering Anika on from the sideline over the years, handing out POWERADE® and snacks when needed. I prefer to give the kids good snacks that will keep them happy and full until the next meal time, so I keep a lunch cooler that the kids bought for me stocked with things to keep everyone happy.
These are 5 must have snacks that you need to pack before soccer games:
1. Drinks – we always have cold water on hand, but we also like to have POWERADE® for everyone too – POWERADE® is formulated with Vitamins B3, B6, & B12 to support energy metabolism, and a 6% carbohydrate solution to help provide energy to working muscles.
2. Fresh Produce – there’s nothing better than munching on some fresh fruit and veggies – and next time you are shopping look for a coupon on the 12-pack 12 oz POWERADE® packages and you can get $1 off Walmart fresh produce when you buy two 12-pack 12 oz POWERADE®. (Hurry this deal is only available while supplies last!)
3. Cheese – cheese sticks or slices are always a favorite with the kids.
4. Nuts and crackers – mixed nuts and crackers are good because they don’t need refrigerated and can be kept in the car for emergencies (like if the game goes over or you run out of other snacks)
5. Yogurt – kids love a sweet treat, and yogurt satisfies their cravings. There is a lot of options for yogurt nowadays, from yogurt in squeeze tubes to drinkable yogurt, you don’t always have to pack a spoon if you don’t want to.
You can find the 12 pack (12 ounces each) POWERADE® in the beverage aisle at Walmart – they are the perfect size for thirsty players!