This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
Hey everyone! I’ve had a few people ask me about my makeup routine before, so I thought that it would be fun to share it with you today! I have always loved to wear makeup – I think it’s the artist/creative person in me that like to enhance my features – after all, makeup should be used to compliment your natural beauty, not cover it up, right?
Unless there’s a random day that I’m home for the entire day, I’ve got my makeup on – and even though I’ve love to take my time every morning, some day’s I just can’t – (I’d rather hit snooze for 15 more minutes!) So I’ve got my makeup routine down pretty well and unless it’s a special occasion it doesn’t change much from day to day.
Here’s what I do:
1. Moisturize – I apply a moisturizer to my face almost every night and then again in the morning.
2. Foundation – foundation for me is a must because it helps even out my skin tone and hide imperfections. I’ve been using Neutrogena’s nourishing long wear makeup for quite some time and love it because it gives my face good coverage and doesn’t make it feel heavy or caked on and it’s really reasonably priced!
3. Conceal – if I have any blemishes this is when I would cover them up with a bit of concealer.
4. Eye shadow – I always use neutral colors, tans and browns are my personal favorites because they look the most natural when blended well. I always start with a light colored base and use a darker shade on the outer lid, and blend blend blend!
5. Blush and/or bronzer – when I was younger I thought that blush was only for old women, then at some point in my life I realized that a little blush can actually help shape the face and bring a youthful glow to it. Now I use blush daily. I like to use a light peachy color with my complexion.
6. Eyeliner and eyebrows – I almost always apply eyeliner to my upper lid – it just makes my eyes ‘pop’ and creates the illusion of thicker lashes. I’ve found the key to wearing eyeliner is to keep it as close to the lash line as you can and to increase the thickness of the line outward as you go. Also, if I have a few extra minutes I’ll apply eyeliner underneath and smudge it a bit with the Neutrogena nourishing eye liner. Their eyeliner is amazing because it’s super smooth and just glides on, plus there is a smudger on the opposite end so you can blend it well. I also use an eyebrow wax and powder to quickly fill in my eyebrows
7. Mascara – I like using black mascara that lengthens and volumizes my lashes like Neutrogena’s healthy volume.
8. Finishing Powder – a couple quick sweeps of Neutrogena’s shine control powder to set my makeup and I’m nearly ready to go….
9. Lip Moisterizer/shine – lastly I need something for my lips. I’m not a huge lipstick kind of girl because it always smudges on me or it just doesn’t stay on the way I want it to, but I still like having a bit of color and shine, so I’m loving Neutorgena’s MoistureSmooth color stick in Juicy Peach right now. It’s so smooth on my lips, plus is smells like fresh peaches, so I find myself reapplying just so I can smell it!
And there you have it – my daily makeup routine in a nutshell. I’ve got it down to about 10-15 minutes of time. So, now the question is, do you where makeup every day, and what is your daily must have’s and #AllDayLook ? I realize for me it’s the whole package, but I know some of my friends will only do lip gloss and mascara, or some just blush and eyeliner….everyone’s different!
Right now until 8/30 you can load this cartwheel deal from Target and get 20% off of Neutrogena Cosmetics! Target and Neutrogena have also teamed up to bring a Target Beauty Concierge event at select Target stores around the country this month! The event begins August 24th. Limited quantities are available. Check out your local Target store for the Beauty Concierge day and times! 🙂
Fore more beauty tips check out these makeup routines by Hayden on and off of the set of Nashville:
(Visited 257 times, 1 visits today)