3. Use efficient products: I know one of the main ways I save some time on house cleaning is by using products that do the job right the first time. There are certain cleaners that I will not buy any other brand for because I know that certain ones do a better job than others, thus saving me time from not having to clean it so often, or again. The Finish products like I mentioned earlier are seriously like my favorite dishwasher cleaners, because they clean the dishes the first time, and I never find myself having to ‘re-run’ the dishwasher again.
What things do you stock up on during sports seasons? Here is a list of a few things I always keep extras of:
Thanks to #CollectiveBias and #WalgreensPaperless for letting me share my ideas with you!
I grabbed her a card too so I could write her a note about my special plans for her birthday.
This Easy Kids Snacks shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Yesterday was a busy day for me – I finally put my “nurse” hat on and went to work. I knew it was going to be a busy day there and that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy any of the gorgeous weather outside, so I decided to sit out in the backyard with the kids before putting my scrubs on. Anika and Emma have already been talking about going back to school and I can just feel their anticipation and level of excitement, so I thought it would be fun to break out a couple of photo albums too reminisce on some of the past school years while we had a few fun snacks under our plum tree.
At Walmart the other day I picked up some Bagel Bites and Delimex Taquitos. We don’t always just sit around and consume snacks, but I like to keep some on hand for quick bites or after school snacks. The girls first found my Kindergarten photo and then had to grab their Kindergarten graduation magnet photos off of the refrigerator to compare them. Emma said, “Mom, you had blue eyes like me!” and Anika was somehow shocked at how much we looked alike. 🙂
We then looked at a couple of other photo albums – one was a bunch of photos that I took when I was a kid- pictures of me, camp, my classmates, my animals, and It was crazy to me to see photos of myself going into the 6th grade like Anika. Unlike her I had several awkward looking years and as a parent I’m happy that she hasn’t had too much difficulty adjusting yet.
My kids loved eating the Bagel Bites – they are made with real cheese, homemade sauce and have 0g trans fat. They also quickly devoured the Delimex Taquitos! I poured some peach salsa for them to dip them in. I also bought some apple cinnamon taquitos for a little treat and then made a little whipped cream with caramel drizzle to dip them in.
We don’t sit down and look at photos often enough. I know that sounds silly coming from me, the picture queen, but just because I’m constantly snapping away doesn’t mean the whole family actually looks at all of them. It’s one of my goals this next school year to actually make a few more photo albums so that we can do this more often.
Oh and if you were wondering work was crazy yesterday but I survived 😉
Orange Cream Rice Cereal Treats
6 cups of rice cereal
3 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 package of orange flavored Kool Aid (unsweetened packet)
10 ounces of marshmallows
1. Grease 8″ x 8″ pan and set aside.
2. Warm butter in a large pot on medium heat until melted, then add marshmallows and stir until they are melted as well. Pour in vanilla and Kool Aid packet and mix well.
3. Take pan off of heat and mix rice cereal in. Pour mixture into the pan then spray your hand with butter spray (so it won’t get sticky) and then press the mixture into the pan with your hand.
4. Place pan in the refrigerator until cool, then cut and enjoy!
We then purchased 8 2x4x12’s and 8 2x4x8’s and the guys at the store were kind enough to cut the 8 footers down to 5 feet for us, which saved us a bunch of time. We already had the screws to assemble the frame, but I did buy some chicken wire to keep all of the random bunnies we seem to have away.
After day one I came in, cleaned up and sat down exhausted. I don’t normally watch too much television, but I do surf the internet probably more than I should, and I remembered I had an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my online pocket, so I did a little late night shopping and stocked up on Tom’s Deodorant – since I have that long DIY list that’s going to be forcing me to work in the heat a lot.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This Grilled Chicken BBQ Pizza shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiserI can’t believe the Memorial weekend is already nearly over. Anika had such a fun time yesterday at the Seattle Mariners game with our family friends (even though they lost), and the rest of us have enjoyed a much needed low – key couple of days at home.