1. Dates (as many as you’d like to serve)
2. Feta Cheese
4. Chorizo (or any other kind of sliced meat,or even bacon)
1. Slice the dates just enough lengthwise to remove the pits. They will become an open shell to fill.
2. Slice the Chorizo (or meat of choice) into strips, and roll up and place inside of dates. You can experiment with whatever kind of meat you want, I just happened to have some Chorizo in my fridge I bought from Grocery Outlet to try, and I was surprised at the smokey flavor it had, and how well it blended with the other tastes!
3. Sprinkle and place Feta cheese inside the dates.
4. drizzle honey on top and place them under the broiler until the cheese is browned slightly.
Eat them warm and enjoy!!! My husband loved the surprised combo of the Chorizo as well. He quickly devoured the plate (okay, I helped too!) As they practically melted in your mouth!! Mmmm 🙂
I honestly never thought I would love eating a stuffed date appetizer, but it has become one of my favorites. I think if you go ahead and try them you (and hopefully) your guests at your next gathering will fall in love with them as much as I have.