This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GIVEEXTRAGETEXTRA #Target #CollectiveBias
The other day I headed out to an event and realized halfway there that I had forgotten to clean my purse out. I have always been that kind of person who has random things into their purse and then finds it piling up with receipts, coins, phone chargers and things that my children threw inside.
Yes, my purse can get messy.
Usually I find myself dumping all of the mail out of it as well as the candy wrappers and pens onto the car seat while I take my bag in so that when it’s inspected quickly it’s not too embarrassing! I know; it’s not my proudest accomplishment.
There are some things though that I can honestly say you really do need to carry in your purse, because isn’t carrying important things what purses are for?
- Chapstick – I can’t tell you how many times I have needed chapstick before. Whether you are outside in the weather for the afternoon, or stuck at work for a long day, having something to keep your lips moisturized so they don’t become dry or cracked is imperative!
- Hand sanitizer – I’m a nurse, so this is a no-brainer for me. Now, I’m really not a germaphobe or anything, however, it is great to have a tiny bottle of sanitizer stashed away in your purse for moments that you honestly need to make sure your hands are clean but don’t have access to a sink to wash your hands.
- Extra® Gum – I love having Extra® Gum on me, though in the past I’ve had to hide it from my children so that they wouldn’t chew it all up or take the pack and distribute it amongst their friends without my knowledge. Gum is something that keeps your mouth busy, helps give you a minty fresh breath, and keeps your appetite at bay until the next meal. Extra® Gum now has a new Extra® 35-stick pack available so now I don’t have to worry about the kids taking all of my gum, because now I have more gum that I can share with them, and it comes in a durable recycled package.
- Protein snack – It’s always a good idea to have a snack in your purse. I have been known to forget to eat breakfast or get stuck in traffic before dinner and literally go crazy without something to tide my stomach over. What you keep in your purse really depends on the weather and how long you plan to have it in there. Protein bars work well for me, but if there are things like chocolate chips in them I’d be careful about leaving your purse in the heat. Prewrapped jerky snacks also work well, or you can make your own bag of fruit and nuts to keep in there too.
- Napkins or wet wipes – with kids, I like to keep a small package of wipes in my purse, but that doesn’t always happen. If nothing else I make sure there are some napkins in there so I always have something to clean up a spill or wipe hands off with.
- Bandages – This has got to be one of the most important things to keep in your purse and I literally failed at following my own words last month! I was at an event and I somehow managed to slice my finger open pretty bad. It was bleeding quite a bit and I didn’t have a bandage in my purse! Luckily I had some pretty purple crafting paper tape in there (yes, I know, that is a pretty random thing to have in a purse!) I ran into the bathroom and grabbed some paper napkins and made do…then promptly put bandages in my purse when I came home.
I love looking around at Target for supplies to stock my purse with, and I found the new Extra® 35-stick pack in the checkout aisle last weekend. The flavors available are: Extra® Gum Spearmint and Extra® Gum Polar Ice®. If you have the Cartwheel app for Target you can save some money off of them there.
Purses can be big messy bags full of interesting things, but they can also be used for good. I love having things like Extra® Gum in my bag to share with my kids or co-workers. Do you have an overfilled purse? What items are essential in your bag?