Breakfast time – the time of the day most of the year that I’m rushing to get everyone fed. Even though we haven’t needed to do that too much lately, I’ve been working day shift a couple days a week this month – which means getting up at 5 am (eek!). Needless to say I need something quick and easy – and lately I’ve been eating these new Quaker® Real® Medley’s Yogurt Cups. Walmart had a tasting demo last weekend and had samples to try. They are found in the dry cereal aisle and are super quick to make (all you need to so is stir in cold milk) and instantly you have a crunchy, cool, and yummy breakfast!
What you need:1/2 Cup buckwheat flour
1/2 Cup quick oats
1/2 Cup cream cheese
1/2 Cup whole milk
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup nuts (either chopped walnuts, pecans, or slivered almonds
1 Tsp. baking soda
1 Tsp. baking powder
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 1/2 Cups of fresh raspberries
1/4 Cup butter, melted
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, softened cream cheese, eggs, milk and sugar and stir well.
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, then add nuts, honey, and lastly the fresh raspberries.
4. Pour into into a lined cupcake tin, filling 3/4 full.
5. Place in a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Optional: drizzle additional honey or cream cheese on top of the warm muffins and enjoy!
Makes approximately 12 muffins