Hello to all of the last minute crafters out there! Don’t tell me I’m the only one, right? I know it would be so much simpler to go and buy a few boxes of Valentine cards for the kids to take to their class parties, but I guess I just have to do things the hard way around here. The past couple of days (okay and mostly this evening) Anika and I were busily creating 66 of these little hearts for three different classrooms.
- Photo Paper. I used HP Photo 5X7 photo cards
- Glue Dots, or a Glue Stick
- Kraft Paper
- Red (preferably glittery!) Wrapping paper or scrapbook paper
- scissors and /or a fancy dancy paper cutter
- Black Washi Tape (optional)
- White Chalk Marker (optional)
So where does the Washi Tape and chalk marker come in? Unfortunately I didn’t get pictures of them finished with candy and labeled, but what we did after we stapled the candy off to one side of the back was cut two Washi tape strips and stick them on to the back of the card and then Anika used the chalk marker to write To and From names. It actually turned out really cute!
And that’s our crazy last minute D.I.Y. Valentine cards!