I don’t know about you, but I like to save recipes that I find in magazines with the intentions of trying them “someday”. Well, I finally pulled out one of those recipes and tried it the other day, and it was delicious! This was found in the July 2009 issue of Woman’s Day…yes, I’ve had it that long. I’ve adapted it just a little bit, and really, once you’ve tried the recipe once you can change things up a bit yourself. 🙂
- 1 box of refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 8 oz ground beef
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic and ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Heat oil in skillet on medium/high. Saute’ potato and onion until tender. Add meat and cook. Drain any fat and return to heat.
3. Stir in spices, peas, chicken broth and cook until almost all liquid is gone and potatoes are cooked. Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly. (very important to do!)
4. Unroll the pie crust and cut into wedges. Moisten the edges with water so they will stick together. Fill with mixture; leaving room to seal the edges.
5. Place them on a baking sheet and brush with the egg.
Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
The recipe says to serve with Chutney on the side, but really anything will do. I had chutney, my kids had ranch. 🙂
(Visited 709 times, 1 visits today)