Hey! I hope everyone is having a fab week! It’s flying by here. Today I’m going to share an oh so easy Italian appetizer with you.
I just want to thank everyone who has been so kind to comment on my posts lately, I love reading them!
As I was loading these pictures for this post, it occurred to me that I have been showing lots of recipes the past couple weeks. It’s probably because cooking is something that pretty much has to be done daily whether I want to or not. So every now and then I try to get a little bit creative because I tend to fall into food ruts, and as much as I love cooking, I get tired of my own cooking, and bored. One of these days I’ll show off some more crafts and organizing 😉
Today I have a simple, tasty Italian appetizer that is a slight twist to the classic tomato basil bruschetta, because instead of bruschetta I used crescent roll dough.
Easy Italian Appetizer
- fresh basil
- red onion
- roma tomatoe
- mozzarella cheese (fresh would be delicious, but I didn’t have any)
- crescent rolls
- balsamic vinegar
- Unroll crescent rolls and flatten together on a baking sheet.
- Thinly slice mozzarella and cover dough.
- Slice Tomato, onions, and layer on top of cheese
- Top with basil and drizzle balsamic vinegar.
- Bake @ 350 for approx 15-20 min, until crust is golden brown.
I topped mine with more fresh basil after it was done baking.
What kinds of appetizers do you like to make? Are they mostly Italian appetizers or inspired by another cuisine? I always love creating appetizers and would love to hear about yours! Comment below and let me know!