Happy Thursday everyone. I know it totally should be Thirsty Thursday 😉 but since I haven’t had time to drink my way through creative cocktail concoctions, you’ll just have to buy some wine for tonight and make something delish to go with it. Thirsty Thursday is a good idea though…hmm.
So, after browsing through so many tasty looking recipes on here lately, I decided to get a little creative with what ingredients I had on hand here at my house. This is super simple but tastes really really good. Here it is:
Baked Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini (I used five)
- Ricotta cheese
- Cheddar cheese – or any kind of shredded cheese blend
- One can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Clean all the zucchini and then slice lengthwise.
- Using a spoon scoop out the middle of the zucchini to make a ‘boat’
- spread ricotta cheese on the bottom, then top with tomatoes and then cheddar cheese.
- Bake @ 375 for approx 45min-1hr.
I lost time there at the end, so I’m not exactly sure…I’m thinking it was about an hour total that it was in the oven. What I did was cook the zucchini in the same dish as my chicken breasts, and I just poured the rest of the tomatoes in with it. It was a really easy dinner that tasted like it was much harder to make ;).